Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekly update?

It's been a week so I've got catching up to do. Sorry, I've been busy!

Last weekend was great. Camping at Normandy Farms. I just *heart* NF. It really is a wonderful campground and they have a LOT to offer. Christen and Ronan came on Saturday and spent the night. The kids have SO much fun playing together and I love spending time with my old friend again. (no, she's not old, I'm sure she'd LOVE hearing that, I just mean we've been friends for 15 yrs!!)

We have booked THE official Fall camping trip. I refer to it this way because we're heading up to New Hampshire and we'll be going apple picking. That makes it officially fall for me lol. We're heading up to Pine Acres on the 23rd. Different from the PA we went to last month in Oakham. I scored a SWEET deal on the trip - because we stayed there last year I got the whole weekend for $72. YUP. SCORE!!! Christen, Mike and Ronan are coming up with us so that's $36 a family. For the whole weekend!! Pretty damn sweet. All the kids are free. I'm happy to say that this Pine Acres revised their prices and the sites include a whole family - not just 2 people and then you pay for the kiddos. VERY smart, we'll definitely be return campers. (again)

We're headed to APPLECREST for the apple picking. I personally think this is the best Orchard I've ever been to. They have SO much for the kids to do, aside from the apple picking. We can really make a day out of it. It's almost like a mini festival when you are there. You come onto the property and they have a farm stand, band, food, homemade ice cream, a farmers market with all kinds of veggies, fruits, homemade jams, baked goods and other things. They also have face painting, a petting zoo and a hayride. Across the street is the Orchard and they drive you right on out. It's such a wonderful time. Combining it with camping is just the icing on the cake for us.

What else. Haven't spoken to my brother or my sister since the weekend C&J came to visit. It's hurts a lot but what can I do? I'm not going to be the one to keep putting in all of the effort. It feels like they only care when THEY want something. They reach out when they need something. It breaks my heart that there is no sense of "family" in my family. I have my nuclear family and that is pretty much it. I know that is a lot, I get that, but I am HURT by the rest of my family. Those are my feelings, I'm entitled to them. I wish I had what others had. I wish I had aunts and uncles that were a part of my life. I have no mother. I have no father. I have none of the foundation that others take for granted and count on. Yes, I'm jealous. I am jealous of close families. Close siblings. I wish I could be a part of something like that. That's just me being honest.

On to happier news. JOHN GOT A JOB!!!!!! The interview I mentioned in my last blog, they hired him on the spot. Said they'd be "foolish to let you walk away with the multitude of experience you have!" YAY!!! Finally someone who APPRECIATES his qualifications and doesn't hold them against him!! I'm so proud of him and I'm so happy that we can begin the journey to get back on our feet. His schedule is Mon - Fri 7a to 3p. It makes for a LOT of preparation and planning but we're getting into a routine and we're making it work. :)
(We are still hoping for the Power Plant. He is still pursuing that. He likes what he is doing now, but he'd love to get back there. It really was a great job for him. So, we'll take what we can get for now but hopefully the Plant pulls through.)

I'm in my new role fully now - unpacked my crates and moved my things into my new desk - so that must make it official, right? I have had NO training though. I'm pretty frustrated but I'm going to give K the benefit of the doubt and hope that she's going to step up soon and help me out. Most of my Team is in Cincinnati right now for a big meeting so I'm actually working on stuff for my old team this week. I need to stay busy. I'm doing monthly reports and I've set up some training time for people that will be taking over things until they get a permanent replacement for me.

The kids are all back to school and they are all loving it. I'm so happy! Their teachers seem really nice and I love being back into a regular routine. When I come home they are so eager to tell me about their days and show me their projects. Melts my heart. I just love them to pieces.

Before I go on forever, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to myself and John! We've been married for 10 years today. We've had SO much happen over the last 10 years. Kids being born, losing both of our Moms, buying a house, selling a house, building a house, getting jobs, losing jobs, on and on. But I wouldn't change a thing about our marriage. (I'd change a few life things, for sure, but not anything about US) He is my rock and I love him more and more every single day. I've been told many times that he is the perfect husband for me and I couldn't agree more. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews