Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Random Thoughts and Thanks

Yay for it not being Monday!  I absolutely had A MONDAY yesterday.  Very happy it's over.  
Today is a new day and I'm feeeeeeling good.  Aside from a slight headache.  It's trying to bring me down but I won't let it.  
I keep coming across these random sayings lately.  

"What if you only woke up with what you thanked God for yesterday"
   So very true and not something I used to think of on a daily basis.  Life is not perfect.  It never will be.   But MY life is pretty damn good.  I try to remember to thank God every day for the things I have. I thank God for my husband, my children, my home.  I thank God for my job.  I thank God for the people in my life.  I even thank God for the people who are no longer in my life because I have learned from them.  I thank God for the lessons I learn.  While things may be rough in several areas of "my" world, things could definitely be much worse.  I am truly thankful.


There have been others that have crossed my path as of late and I have really taken some time to think about them.   (if you are on my FB page you have seen these already b/c I have been reposting there) 

"Some people believe that holding on and hanging in are signs of strength, but there are times in life where it takes much more strength to just let go."

"There is a point in your life where you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy.  When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up.  It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life."

These have made me stop and really think.  They are so simple yet hold SO much meaning for me lately.   Especially with all that is going on in my family.  With things that have happened, friendships that have shifted, changed, or disappeared.  These little mantras, saying, what have you, have really rung true.  Sometimes there are just some things you cannot do.  You have to just let go and move on.  Sometimes you can't be the only one fighting for things.  It's a two way street and one you shouldn't walk it alone.  

"Sometimes the girl who has been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for her."

This one is absolutely true for me and VERY hard to admit.  It's hard for me to reach out and let people know that I need some support but I'm working on it.  We are human.  We need each other and cannot be expected to do it all.  I need to admit that I CAN'T do it all and if I'm having a bad day, hard time, need someone then I need to just suck it up and admit it.  It's okay.  It's normal.  I've been reaching out to chat with a couple people lately and I cannot thank them enough for being there.  It means the world to me and I hope they know / realize how much I love and appreciate them.  My brother and I are closer than ever.  I'm growing friendships on an even deeper level.  Sometimes your friends are better than your family.  This is very true in my case.  AE - you know who you are - if you read this......xoxoxo.  I so appreciate you!! 

Life is hard.  Life is unexpected.  Life is Good.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews