Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fingers crossed!!!

So, today my horoscope says this:

"When you walk into work, you won't expect what's probably about to happen: You'll be pushed into the spotlight, like it or not. The good news is that you're well-suited to it, and that you'll wear it well."

I am crossing my fingers, toes, eyes and anything else I can cross that this rings true!!   I've only been in my new job for about a month and a half but I am hopefully going to get a promotion.  The business I work on just announced a Boston based Vice President coming on board.  Right now we have one in Cincinnati but they have moved him off our business and put a new person on.   Sooo, this means, hopefully I will be her Administrator Executive Assistant.  God willing.  If I were to get this job it would be a two step up promotion for me with a raise.  Which we desperately need.  I know CP is talking to my HR person today........hopefully things fall in my favor.  I'm not expecting it to happen as I know they have a few options on the table (I already support a Director, Associate Director and a team of 20)........but I'm sure as hell hoping for it.

This is just making me realize more and more that this new position was meant to be.  I never would have gotten even this opportunity in my old position.  Even if I don't get the promotion, being considered is a big thing and it's more than anything that's happened for me in my last 11+ yrs with the company.  

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews