Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brotherly love........yup, we're all good!

I still haven't talked to my sister.   But, honestly, I am okay with that.   The thing that bothered me the most about this whole situation was my brother.  I was more upset about not speaking to him than anything. 

That all changed on Friday.   He called me and we finally got to chat.   My brother was in no way involved in the horrible email my sister sent.   She BCC'd him on it when she sent it to me and she forwarded my reply to him.  So, while he was caught up on the entire situation, he had nothing to do with it.  M & B were horrified to read that C had included them in the original email and they had no idea she was going to do that.  Email me OR include them in on it.   M told me the reason he hadn't called me back was because he was afraid that I was angry with him and he wanted to give me time to cool off.   I get it.  I told him I wasn't angry with him persay, but that I definitely wanted to discuss with him the two specific things C mentioned with regards to him.  That was it.  I am not a fool, I understand the email came from C.  I know who she is, I know how she does things.  I know she changes things, makes things up, puts words in peoples mouths.   Just because I stand by my sister and I stick up for her does not mean I am oblivious to who she is.   But, at the end of the day, she is family and I have always stood by my family.  

Moving on.   M came over to my house Friday afternoon and we were able to talk in person.  Of course me, being the extremely emotional person that people know don't really know me to be, cried the second he walked in the door.  He came over and gave me a big hug and told me that he loved me.  Always.  That he had nothing to do with it but that he and I were still on the same page when it comes to our sister.  That he and B were absolutely pissed off and horrified to be thrown into the whole thing.   That they did NOT feel the way C portrayed them to feel.   That they never said the things she mentioned.   My relationship with my brother is secure.  That is the most important thing to me. 

So, I have not spoken with my sister in any way since I replied to her scathing tirade over 2 weeks ago and I am okay with that.  My view on our relationship has not changed.  I do not think we will ever go back to the way things were.  I'm not sure she realizes that but, she will.   She made her bed, she can now lie in it.  I don't hate her.  I don't wish her ill will.  I just do not think things can or will ever go back to the way they were.  Everything happens for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews