Monday, October 10, 2011

Children - ism's

I put these on Facebook over the weekend but I have to post here so they are saved.  Forever and ever.  I'll need something to come back to when my children get married and I'm obligated to provide the embarassing stories!

Saturday I was getting ready with the kids for a playdate.  I'm in the master bath and the three kids are in my bedroom.  (Truth be told they were sitting on my bed because I had put them on time out) I overhear the following conversation:

Aidan - "Uh oh, Mommy's hair is stuck to my shirt!"
Erynn - "That's MY hair Aidan!"
Aidann - "Nope, it's Mommy's hair, see how long it is??"
Ryan - "Mommy has long hair because she is a princess.  She is a beautiful princess!"
Aidan - "No, Mommy is the QUEEN Ryan.  Mommy is the beautiful Queen of this house!"
Ryan - "Ohhhhh."

I was quietly cracking up and thinking to myself, "Yup, that's right Aidan.  Smart boy!"

Sunday we went to a Baptism.  We were sitting in the church and my children aren't used to church at all.  Yes, I am a bad Catholic and I fully recognize this.   We were in the pew and the Deacon was giving his talk after the Gospel was read.   Aidan wanted to know if God was almost done talking.   I said "Honey, that isn't God, that is the priest."  Aidan says, "Is he the one in charge of God's house??"  *sob*

I let them look at the prayer books to keep entertained and Aidan was telling Ryan that if he wasn't careful and tore God's books that God would be very mad at him.   Ahhhh, love the way their minds work.

After the church we drove to the reception.   The Black Eyed Peas song "Just Can't Get Enough" came on the radio.  All three kids start bobbing their heads and rocking out.   I focus in on Ryan because he is singing along with the song.   Or so I thought.   Ryan was actually singing "I just can't get it up"   OMG.   I started laughing hysterically.   I told Ryan they were actually saying I just can't get enough!   He said "ohhhhh! Thank you Mommy! I thought they were saying I just can't get it up!"  I said nope and then told him 10 years from now he would understand why Mommy was laughing like a crazy person at what he was singing. 

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews