Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Memory like a steel trap

Yep, that's my son. Aidan. I don't know how he remembers the things he does but Lordy, do they knock me for a loop sometimes.

Last night we ran to the store to pick up a few things for our last camping trip this season. We're driving home and Aidan starts waxing poetic about the benefits of milk. How all kinds, chocolate, white, strawberry are ALL good for you and they do good things for your body.

Then the questions begin.

Aidan: "Mom, how do cows make milk? What makes them make it?"
Ummmm, Mama has a headache and can't concentrate so I say "They are just built that way. Like how trees can make leaves and Moms can make babies."
Oh shit. Did I really just bring up the Mom and babies thing? Yes, I did. Why did I say that?!?! Aaaaand therein lies the error of my ways. Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, I walked right into this.
Aidan: "OH YEAH!!! So, Mom, what is that all about anyway?"
I say "Huh? What is what all about?"
Aidan: "When I was a baby, remember you put milk in your belly to feed me?"
"No, you were growing in my belly and didn't need food."
Aidan: "Well what about the milk you gave me from your belly?"
I play stupid and say "What milk from my belly? I gave you bottles"
LOL. Yeah, score one for me............or so I thought. In reality, NOT SO MUCH.

He says, "Well, what about those bottles with the thin tube like straw thing that you would put on your boobs and get milk from?? What was THAT all about???"

I thought John was going to drive the truck off the road he was laughing so hard.

I honestly can't even remember what I answered him with. I was just thinking in my head WHERE did this come from and how did I do this to myself??? How does he remember this stuff? I guess it's from Erynn. I nursed / pumped with her for 8 months. He was 3 yrs old......I suppose he could remember? Either way, I'm impressed. And stunned. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews