Monday, August 2, 2010

Ahhhh, Monday

Mondays are so tough. Especially after having a fabulous weekend. Today is one of those days. I'm alone in my office, I'm freezing my buns off because the a/c is on negative 3,000. Time is just dragging by. I'm not very busy so I might as well update my blog, right? For all the people just waiting to read about the Foley life. HA!


Friday John took the kiddos fishing for a bit........or tried to. Turns out they didn't get very far. There hasn't been much rain so he had a hard time getting the boat into the water. He tried two different ponds but couldn't get the boat in. That was the end of that. Erynn and I hit the grocery store and then went to Tiffany's house for a while in the afternoon. We were going to a cookout at her house that night but she wanted to chat so we stopped by for a while. After we left I brought Erynn home to take a nap while I put together a pasta salad (so good, got a ton of compliments on it!) and brownies for the cookout. Went to Tiff's about 5pm. We had SUCH a good time! Saw a couple of people I haven't seen since high school. All of the kids got along great. We didn't get home until 11:15pm!


Saturday was even better.......although it started off a bit on the rough side. We made plans to meet Steph, Boo and the kids at Stop and Shop in Whitman so we could all head to the beach. I started waking the kids up at 7:30am. Not much fun at all. My kids love their sleep so they weren't very happy with me waking them up so early after getting home so late the night before. John and I ended up bringing the kids down to the car in their pj's and letting them bring a blanket with them so they could curl back up in their carseats lol. We hit the grosh for a couple of things and were on our way! We went down to Scussett Beach in Plymouth. I'd never been before. Gorgeous!!! We did a lot of walking, a lot of sunbathing and had a LOT of fun. We were there for about 6 hours I think. After that we went back to Steph and Boo's house for dinner. We got the kids home about 7:30pm and into bed early. It truly was a perfect day. Days spent with friends that are considered family are moments to be treasured. It was so heartwarming to watch all the kids laughing and playing together. That's what it is all about.


Sunday was another laid back day. Julie and family came over so the kids could play together. (Aidan is back to marrying Paige. I'm sure this will change next weekend when we go camping with Avery again!) Jules and I went out to lunch by ourselves to catch up while the hubbies hung out and watched the kids. Great day.


Just one of those perfect weekends that you can't wait to relive. I'm hoping this upcoming weekend will bring more of the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews