Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Speaking of exercise

I just had to get up to get water for my protein shake which reminded me.

O.M.Gosh. I don't how body builders or anyone who works out hardcore full time does it. Seriously. I am in pain. Goodness. Getting up from a sitting position is fantastic. *insert sarcasm* Sitting down to pee? Forget it. I wonder if I can get back up. I do love that I'm making my body work, but I wonder what people think when they see me walking like I have a stick up my you-know-what because my legs are so stiff and sore!!

Monday night I did a one hour Body Blast class. Loved it. But I thought I was going to throw up twice. Yes, I know how out of shape I am and thank you, Maria, for proving that to me. I walked out saying I'd NEVER do it again but I'm betting $$ to donuts I'll be back there next Monday.

Last night I did the TM for 45 min. First, that was the longest I've ever stayed on the TM b/c I tend to get bored. Last night I pushed myself and forced myself to stay on. Once I hit 30 min or so it really wasn't that hard. I kept it on an incline though, the entire time, which I have never done before. The lowest I went was 2.0 and the highest was 7.0. I walked at a 3.5 - 4.0 and I did to (2) 2 minute runs at a 5.8. Thought I'd crank it up a notch. Well, it worked. My a$$ and my thighs are ON FIRE today!! I was sweating up a storm and the HR calculator on the TM said 162 so I know I got the job done. I did feel great while doing it. It's just the aftermath that I am dealing with.

Tonight I'm debating. I was going to do the Cardio Combo class. Think of it like Step Aerobics on crack with full time arm weights added in. The first time I went was a few months ago and I used 5lbs dumbbells. I noticed the other women all grabbing 2 and 3 lb ones and I was thinking to myself, what is wrong with these gals? Don't they realize that's not going to do anything? I realized about halfway through the class that clearly *I* was the jackass. Because you have the weights in your hands for the entire 60 min it kicks. your. ass. (or your arms as the case may be) You aren't just doing step aerobics. She builds in bicep curls, arm extentions, shoulder presses, etc. You get the idea. While I'm *eager* to work on my arms (as they are one of the areas I am going to focus on b/c I'm extremely unhappy with a side of beef hanging by my side) I don't think my legs and butt can handle an hour of step aerobics. My other option is to get back on the TM tonight for another 45 min work out. I guess either way I'll be happy b/c I'm getting to the gym and I'm getting my workout on!

Tomorrow night Susan and I have a session with a personal trainer. When joining our gym you get two free sessions and neither of us has used them yet. We want to buddy up so we can help remember what we need to do. I'm going in and letting them know that my focus areas are arms and stomach. Three kids in three years (not to mention the two surgeries I had last year) have not been kind and I'd like to get rid of all the flab. I honest to God could wear at least a full size smaller pant right now if I could just cut off the excess skin I have on my tummy. No exxageration. But, that's not going to happen. So I need to know what I can do on my own to fix it. I haven't lost my mind - I'm not expecting to see abs anytime soon. But I don't think it's unreasonable for me to want to tone and tighten.

Saturday morning I'm taking a 10am Zumba class. That's one way to kick off my weekend! I've taken Zumba before and liked it a lot. It's a FUN way to get a workout in. Hopefully the class at the gym is as good as the one I took at a Zumba studio a while back.

Alright, that's all I've got for now. You know there will be more on exercise in the future though. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews