Thursday, January 7, 2010

Aidan is FIVE!

Really? Five years old?! I honestly don't know how five years have passed. If I look back over the last five years, aside from the birth of our children, they haven't really been very good years. The brightest points of the past five years are our kids. With everything that has gone on I still feel lucky.

Aidan has changed so much. He is as smart as a whip and the things that come out of his mouth sometimes sound like they should be coming from a 90 year old grandfather. Don't get me wrong, I'm not preaching perfection. Oh hell no to that. He can be as moody as an 18 yr old girl who is PMSing and hasn't taken her Midol. You can be joking around with him and laughing one minute and the next he is running away *sobbing* as if his heart is breaking because "you hurt my feelings and broke my heart." Um, what? What the h-e-double hockey sticks just happened?! Aidan, is that you?? Yes, we have entered the overly emotional fives. Cripes. I was not prepared for this. I have to explain all the time that Mommy/Daddy/Ryan/Erynn/Papa/WHOEVER is NOT laughing AT him but is laughing with him because he has done something so funny. Gone are the days where you can make him laugh to get him to stop crying. Oh no, now it's the laughing that will START his crying for pete's sake. I can only laugh. What else can you do? I thought he was a tad sensitive before now. I had no clue. I still wouldn't change it for the world. His kisses, hugs, I love you's.......sigh.......they make it all worth it. "Mommy, you are the best Mommy in the world. You give the best kisses and the best hugs and I love you more!" Ahhhh, this is what it's all about.

For his birthday Aidan wanted a *special* day. A "date" with "JUST Mommy. Not Daddy, not Ryan, not Erynn." Okay my love, you've got it. We went to the movies to see The Princess and the Frog. Super cute movie! He loved it. It was VERY important that Aidan buy his own snack at the movie. (with Mommy's money but, hey, he's five lol) He ordered his own stuff and told the snack girl he was going to see the Princess and the Frog with his Mommy. And the tickettaker. And the cop standing in the lobby. And the lady behind us in line. Lordy, there wasn't anyone he didn't say that to lol. After the movie was over he asked if he could bring his popcorn home so he could share it with Ryan and Erynn. *sigh* *heart* He also asked if we could take the movie home with us because he really wanted Ryan and Erynn to see it because he thinks they'd love it. That is my boy. That is the epitome of Aidan. Loving, caring, wants to share. Love him.

Happy 5th Birthday Aidan John!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews