Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Next steps............let's keep it moving

In true Christine fashion, I have to have a plan.  I know you will be shocked by this.  (in true Christine fashion that statement is loaded with sarcasm.)  Once I make up my mind, I need to get my ducks in a row, figure out what I'm doing and just get on with it.  That's just how I am.  I'm not one to sit and wallow......that's just not my style.  Never has been.  I figure it out, I accept, I move on with a plan.

So that is what I have done.  I told John I want a divorce.  We talked it out and I will honestly say it's probably the best talk we've had since we split up.  We're both on the same page, must stay amicable, want to remain friends, co-parent the kids.  Both on same page about selling the house.  I have a realtor coming on Friday to look at it.  I told him he should keep the boat - his Dad bought it for him, I've never had anything to do with it and I would never try to take it.  He'll buy me out of the camper - I can't tow it anyway and we still want the kids to be able to go camping.  He said he'll still tow it for me on my weekends with the kids.  I said we'll play it by ear.  I'm fine going back to tent camping.  I told him that right now he's not thinking about it but eventually he'll find someone he wants to date, be with, whatever and I'm not so sure she'll be cool with him towing a camper for his ex-wife all the time.  He, of course, didn't want to hear it but I told him he needs to be realistic.  He's too young to be alone for the rest of his life.  

I'll look for another house/condo/townhouse to live with the kids.  3 bedroom is all I care about.  I don't need a huge house, just something big enough for the four of us.  I told him  no offense, I just don't want to live near where we are now.  He said I don't blame you one bit.  (not with him, his Dad and his sister living right there.......noooooo thank you)  So hopefully I can find something that works for us that I love.  And on the other side of town.  I know everything happens for a reason so I'll just go with it.  I was talking to a friend about my house and he is convinced it's going to sell quickly.  I'm not so sure but I'm just going to let it all play out however it's meant to.  

We're getting separate bank accounts, separate cell phones, separate insurance.  House and my car will be on mine......truck and camper will be on his.  Win/win, we'll both still get multi-package discounts.  John will still give me money towards house bills every month until the house sells. 

I'm filing as soon as I have the money to give to the court.  We haven't told the kids yet.  I don't think we need to rush to do that.  But, when we do, they will at least be used to what is going on.  Things will pretty much stay the same other than us moving.  And they will be a little used to that idea because John and I had already talked about selling the house and moving last year when some other stuff had come up.  Other than that, things won't change much from what they are now.  He will still come in the morning........he'll just take them back to his house rather than stay wherever I'm living.  I'll come pick them up in the afternoon.  Schedule will stay the same........dinner w him on Tuesdays and every other weekend.  We'll still be in Abington so they'll still go to same schools, have same friends.   So the separation has prepared them a bit.  

I think that's about it.  I could be forgetting things.  I won't pretend this isn't overwhelming.  It is.  But I feel like if I have things planned out, steps laid out, I can just push through it.  I know we're going to be okay.  But the next few months, until we all get settled into our new lives...........that's going to be interesting.......to say the least.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews