Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Ryan!!!!

So I'm a few weeks behind (as usual) yes, go ahead and say it!  It's fine, I'm used to it.  I'm totally okay with it too, I am who I am - love me or leave me!   HA!  May 26th was Ryan's 7th birthday.  I don't even know how that happened!  Buckle up, you know this is going to be a long post. 

Usually we have family over on our kids actually birthday evening and we have cake/ice cream, what have you.  But Ryan's birthday fell on Memorial Day weekend and we were camping so that didn't happen this year.  We still had cupcakes and ice cream for him, we just did it camping style!  Auntie Jan happened to be camping that weekend so we did have some family join us for the celebration.  Christy, Neil, Jack and Shea came with us that weekend (I know, you're totally shocked by this aren't you?) so they were partying as well.  We spent the weekend hanging out, swimming at the indoor pool b/c it rained the first few days, going to the dance on Sunday night and then hanging by the outdoor pool all day long on Monday.  

This is all of the kids crammed at the camper table.  Christy and I ran to Cupcake Charlie's and bought enough cupcakes for everyone because John had only purchased a teeny circle ice cream cake LOL.  We had 5 adults and 7 kids to split that little baby cake between!  No worries, Mom's rushed in and saved the day! 

All in all, Ryan had a fantastic birthday weekend!
Soooo, after the family birthday comes the friend birthday.  Yep.  Not getting out of this one so easy.  We invite our friends and then Ryan wanted to invite his entire class.  Oh boy.  But I'm not going to say no, so off we go.  This year was a clusterf@#$.  I'm sorry, but it was.  I planned for a certain amount of people.....got the favor bags, got the food the day before.  I thought I was all set.  I should have known better.  The food wasn't so bad because I always buy extra.   But, the favor bags, I got screwed.  I bought those ahead of time.  Well, I had people call all the way up until THE DAY OF THE PARTY to tell me they were coming!!!  OMG!!!  What was I supposed to do?  Tell them they couldn't bring their kid?  Heck no.  That's not who I am.  Then, I had people show up at the party with EXTRA KIDS!!!   That, honestly, IMO is even worse!!!!  I had one of my friends bring a kid that had spent the night at her house the night before.  Two Moms from Ryan's classroom brought the invited kids older sibling.  That's three extra kids right there, not counting all of the last minute RSVPs.  I literally was short *9* favor bags.   Needless to say, I didn't end up passing out the favor bags.  I felt awful about it.  I did explain to a few of the Moms why I didn't have any and they totally understood, but I still felt really badly about it.   I had water guns for the kids to play with during the party, b/c it was a warm day, but I couldn't even pass THOSE out b/c I didn't have enough for each kid with all of the extra ones that showed up. 

ANYWAY.  Vent over.  Once again, thank you Pinterest for helping me pull off another party.   Ryan decided this year he wanted a Lego Ninjago party.  A what the what now?  I had no damn clue what this was but I think I pulled it off fairly well.  I did all regular color tablecloths, plates and utensils.  I went cheap and plain on those suckers thankyouverymuch.  But I went big on the *cough48cough* cupcakes I made LOL.   I also made Ninja Sushi.  Holy were those a big hit.  They were really easy to make and the kids AND adults raved over them.  Really cute.  I pulled off balloons just like last year - found Ninjago eyes on line, put them into Photoshop, played with them, brought them into Word, printed, cut them all out and taped them to plain old Latex balloons.  Everyone loved and wanted to take them home.  Easy peasy.  The kids from school stayed for 2 hours or so.  The friends stayed for 3-4 hours but that is to be expected and totally fine.  We had a great day.  The weather was awesome and I couldn't have asked for a better time.  Here are a couple of pictures from that day!



 



Seven years of Ryan Joseph:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews