Monday, February 25, 2013

Sharks.....I'm raising sharks.....

Bowling sharks!!!  We took the kids bowling this weekend.......again, thanks to Groupon......could I pimp this site out any more often?!  LOL.  $19 got all 5 of us two hours of bowling with shoes.  Um, score!

We don't bowl often at all.  The kids do love it so we really should take them more often, we just don't think to go I guess.  But then I see a deal pop up, I snag it and off we go.  We took them up at 11a on Saturday before I was cashing in on yet another Groupon massage.......have I mentioned I'm a spa whore?  Thank you again Groupon for keeping me in spa treatments for short money lol.   Thanks to Tiffany for making sure I keep up on the latest deals and texting me every time a good one pops up.  (3 One Hour Massages for $99??  You can't beat that!!!)   Anyway, I wanted to take the kids bowling before my appointment.  I make it a priority to spend time with my kids - must must must.  If I'm getting in some pampering I don't want to miss out on any time with my kiddos.  I have to cram it ALL in there!

So we get to the bowling alley and there is a bit of a wait but that's okay.  The kids are really good about it and we keep them entertained.  We get our lane and they start going to town.  I have NO idea where they got their bowling skills from.  Certainly not from me.  First string went like this:  Aidan - 8, Ryan - 9, Erynn - 9, John - 9 and Me - 3.   Ouch.  Yup, definitely not from me.  It was rough.  I didn't fail too miserably in the end but I did get last place for the first string.   Second string I was second place.  Ahhhh, redemption.  But the kids - good Lord!  Ryan scored a 75 in his first string and a 73 in his second.  Aidan scored a 61 and a 75.  Erynn scored a 62 and a 61.  I wish I could post her technique.  I totally took video, it is to die for.  She takes the bowling ball, goes all the way back to the end of the loader, holds it to her side, runs up to the line and just LAUNCHES it down the alley.  She stands there with her little hip cocked out waiting to see what happens.  Funniest thing I have ever seen.  Then you just sit there slack jawed as you watch all the pins fall down and wonder what the heck just happened.  I love it.  Aidan and Ryan even managed to get a spare each!  My kids have skills!  The people next to us were cracking up.  So much fun.  It's the little things that make them the happiest.  $19, 2 hours of bowling fun and they had the best day EVER (in their words) and that just makes my heart melt.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews