Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Migraines = Hell

Yep, I still have them.
Yes, they still effect me.
Yes, they still suck.  Big time.

The good news is, in taking better care of myself, I have started seeing a neurologist again and I'm back on the daily migraine preventative meds.  Topomax.  I have definitely seen an improvement over the last few months.  But, the last two weeks have been really bad.  I'm not sure what changed but the migraines have definitely increased and intensified.  No bueno.  I went back to the neuro for a check up on Friday and he's upped my Topomax to 125mg per night.  He gave me a week-long course of Steroids to try and break this cycle and I'm having an MRI today.   I haven't had one since before Aidan was born.  I honestly don't remember much about it.  I do remember them giving me headphones and asking what station I wanted to listen to.  I remember it being useless because I couldn't hear a damn thing over all that banging and knocking.  I can't remember how long the MRI lasted.  I can't remember if I wanted to freak out.  They did ask me this time around if I am claustrophobic.  I said no because I don't think I am.  I've only done this once and it was a long time ago people.  I can barely remember last week nevermind nine years ago lol. 

I must admit I am a *teeny* bit nervous.  Dr. Kulla said MRI and I said sure, no problem.  Then he called it in and said "Brain scan to look for a mass."   Oh, um, okay.   Maybe I should have left the room for that part.  It hadn't even occured to me.  I was blissfully clueless and just saying oh sure, you can send me for a scan, no biggie.  But the mass part didn't even click.   I'm sure it will be fine though.  Positive thoughts and all that. 

I'll come back and update with the results once I hear back.   Wish me luck!

Update - MRI went well.  No results, will have to call Dr in a week or so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews