Thursday, January 19, 2012

Relating to Reality.....

TV that is.

I'm a reality TV junkie. I love the drama. As long as it's not my own, I love it. Thankfully, in my little nuclear family, I don't have a whole lot of drama. Actually, if you take out my sister, I don't have much drama at all and I'm happy to keep it that way.

So, even though I don't have any of my own, I full admit that some drama can be entertaining. So I watch drama on tv. Mob Wives, hot mess on the screen, check. The Bachelor, check. (although I'm having a HARD time getting into this season....it may be coming off my radar soon) Real Housewives - I watch them all - Jersey, NY, Miami, BH, Hot-lanta, I don't discriminate. Love them all.

Thus today's blog. Relating to reality tv. In watching the last 2 episodes of RHOBH I realized that my relationship with my sister is very similar to Kyle's relationship to Kim. I'm not sure if I should be happy or upset about that. But it's a fact.

Kyle is the responsible one. So am I.
Kim is always having some kind of issue, some kind of problem and somehow not telling the truth. Yep, that is C.
Kyle is the one who is always trying to fix the issues. Yup.
Kim sometimes doesn't make sense when she talks....sounds out of whack. C again.
Kyle was complaining that she always has to be the bigger person. That Kim never apologizes for the things she does, the crap she pulls. True again for me.
Listening to the other housewives take on it - they all see what is going on. They all comment on it. They all see the truth, see how it all goes down. This is true for me too. My friends have been telling me for YEARS that I do too much, take too much, deal with too much. They are right. I fully admit this.

I'm still not over all that went down with my sister and I. I am 99.9% sure positive that I never will be. I really feel that there is no coming back from everything she said, did, has done. She still doesn't know that I am aware of ALL the things she said. (is anyone else now singing that Tatu song?!) I will eventually come clean and tell her that I know, but I'm in no rush. We used to email every day, talk a couple or at least one time a week. Not anymore. I've talked to her twice since Christmas. 5 min conversations, max. I've no desire to do anything more. Who knows when the next time we'll talk will be.

I've learned the following. I will not and cannot be responsible for my sister. She is a grown ass woman and I am not her mother. She will make her own choices, her own decisions, just as she always has. I refuse to be involved. I will not let others, including her, get me involved. It's not my problem. I will not feel guilty, I will not feel responsible. I'm finally over it.

35 looks good on me, doesn't it? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews