Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just when you think kindness is lost

I'm reminded again that there are random acts of kindness still around.

Today is Erynn's Birthday (Happy Birthday baby girl!!) and I took the kids out for a late breakfast. John had to work so it was just the four of us. We went to a small local restaurant (the best kind) that we go to more often than not when / if we go out.

When it was time for us to pay the check and leave our waitress came over and told the kids that SANTA had already come and paid our check! I looked at her, very confused. She said that Santa is always watching and he was SO pleased with how well behaved and sweet my kids were that he bought us all our breakfast.

I nearly burst into tears.

Turns out it was the table next to us. They wished to remain anonymous but I had noticed them whispering to our waitress earlier on. I orginally thought something was wrong with their food, but, when the waitress was telling us that Santa had paid for our meal, I noticed her look over at the table next to us more than once and I put two and two together.

I stood up, gathered up my children and quietly leaned over to say Thank You. One of the women kind of frowned and said we weren't supposed to know it was her. I said please don't be upset, the waitress didn't tell me, I promise. I just wanted to properly thank you for doing something so kind. Merry Chrismas to you all. They all said Merry Christmas and repeated what our waitress had said - how loving, well behaved and sweet my kids were. I told them they were going to make me cry and thanked them again.

That has got to be one of the best compliments I have ever received. It was also good for my soul. This is my favorite time of year and to see random acts of kindness warms my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews