Saturday, December 10, 2011

Has it really been that long???

I guess it has! Time flies when you are having fun I suppose. I'm so far behind on updates. I'll try and be brief although I guess I should have briefed myself and read up on the last few posts before I started, eh? Let's see how I do.

Awesome. Love it. CRAZY busy and that is why I haven't been able to update lately. I am in the office at 630a and for the past few weeks I haven't been leaving much sooner than 6p. I've recently started supporting the VP........I think I talked about a possible promotion before.........that is why I've been working so much. I'm really really hoping it pays off with a promotion. So, the vice president. CP. She is SO super nice. Really really nice. I guess it really didn't occur to me just what Vice President meant........until I booked her a flight on the company jet. First, it didn't even occur that P&G HAD a company jet. That's my bad. I should have realized that. But that is how I realized just HOW much of a big wig my newest boss is. I say newest b/c I'm still supporting the Marketing Director and Associate Director on the Venus business as well. It's going well, I'm loving what I do and I'm super glad I put myself out there and applied for this new job.

Hot mess. Still not speaking to her. I got an email out of the blue about a month after what I've dubbed the worst email I have ever received in my life. This new email went on and on about how much she loves me, how much she needs me, how much I mean to her, how important I am in her life. How I'm her rock, the only person she can go to. Wondering if it would be okay that she come home for my birthday. I was completely, 100% flabbergasted. I'm thinking to myself Oh boy! She basically calls me the biggest bag of shit on the planet a month ago. Yes, please do come home and ruin my birthday for me as well. Unreal. I wrote back and said I was not ready. That I couldn't just wipe away everything she'd said. Not now, not this time. She wrote back again........all poor me, pity me. Talking about how I have NO idea how hard it is for her to come visit, that she has to go to court, talk to her lawyer, pay fees, etc. I'm sorry. YOU are living with these restrictions because of decisions YOU made solely on your own. I cannot and WILL not feel sorry for you. I didn't write her back again. I cannot play those games with her and I refuse to do so. So, for now, I'm putting her on the back burner. I just can't let it all go again.

John is still working. Sort of. He was promised a full time job with full time hours and they are totally not following through. He's working roughly 2, maybe 3 days a week. It's not enough. So he's started looking for new jobs and submitting his resume all over the place. We're still hoping for the power plant as well. That's not off the table yet and I'm praying it ends up coming though. The kids are doing great. Erynn's fourth birthday is tomorrow. I can't even believe it - she's growing up so fast. All three kids are still loving school. Aidan is having a hard time learning to read. He's getting special help in school. I haven't admitted that to anyone because it makes me feel like a horrible Mom. Like I did something wrong. So many people I know are talking about how advanced their kids they do this and that. Admitting Aidan is having trouble is humbling. I think I take reading for granted. I am a HUGE reader and I started reading early. I think I just assumed my kids would be the same way. Not so much. We got him the TAG reading system for his birthday (from Ryan and Erynn) and Santa is bringing him some DS games that are tutoring systems. I'm trying to find what works for him. Right now he gets SO upset and so frustrated. He'll give up before he even really tries. I'm working on this with him and will keep doing so.

Thanksgiving was really good. This year we were going to be on our own until John and I went on a double date with the Trouts. They were going to be alone as well and while we were out we decided that we should do a big thanksgiving together. It went really well. I made a turkey and a roast beef, sweet potato casserole and corn muffins. Cristy brought stuffing, cornbread casserole and green beans. Mike and Brandon both worked. John ended up working too so we did a later dinner. & B stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving but ended up eating with us because we ate so well. It was really nice.

Funny story about Thanksgiving. John ALWAYS deals with the turkey because touching raw bird completely skeeves me out. So, he said he'd prep the bird for me before he went to work. I got up at 630a on turkey day - I just couldn't sleep. I went downstairs, opened the fridge and there is salmonella everywhere. All over the shelf. Okay, maybe not salmonella. But, there was liquid from the turkey all over the shelf. GROSS. John had taken the bird out of the package, put it on a plate, covered it with a paper towel and put it in the fridge. That was his version of prepping a bird it seems. Good times. I took the bird out and had to clean out my fridge. I laugh about it now. That day? Notsomuch.

Now it's full blown holiday time. I love love love this time of the year. John and I went out on Black Friday and got all of our Christmas shopping DONE for the kids. SO excited. We went out shopping at midnight. I said I'd never do that but it's our third year doing it. Never say never..........Black Friday has a whole new meaning when you have kids. We scored some really good deals and I'm happy we're done. No worrying about getting presents at the last minute, I just need to wrap. I can really fully enjoy the season and I'm happy for that.

I'm going to wrap it up here. Time to bring the kiddos upstairs and put them to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews