Saturday, August 22, 2009

Once again

I am miserably behind on my blogging. You know what it is - I think about getting on and blogging all the time. Then I realize I have pictures I want to put in with my stories so I put it off until I get home. Then I get home and life creeps up on me and I have 1,000,000 other things to do and rinse, lather, repeat. So here we go again trying to catch up on everything that has been going on in the last month. I think I'm going to do a few different entries over the next couple / few days because there is so much that has been going on.

We'll start at the beginning. We did our trip to Maryland........my eagerly anticipated trip. I got up at 4:00am to pack up the every day things I couldn't pack up the night before. Got the car all loaded up and ready to go. Woke the kids up, got them all sippies of milk and we were off. We got on the road a little later than expected but still VERY early. I think it was 6am. This trip went MUCH better than last yr. The boys brought blankets and stuffed animals and they slept or watched movies the whole ride. It was amazing. My darling baby girl? She was a different story altogether lol. I thought for SURE she would sleep b/c she is such a big sleeper. Yeah, not so much. Chatty Cathy just wanted to talk for 6 hours. We made two stops the whole way (not bad with 3 kids) and Erynn fell asleep exactly 30 min before we got to the hotel. Oh boy. A couple of pictures from our road trip:


See what I mean? Not so sleepy LOL.

We had a great stay in MD. We stayed in a hotel which worked out really well. We had our own little fridge / kitchen area, sitting area, bathroom and two queen size beds. It was great. The first night we were there Jess came to babysit the kids to John, myself, Marty and Alice Anne could go to dinner. A night out?! YES! We went to Ruth's Chris restaurant. Oh. My. Word. Hands DOWN the BEST steak I have ever had in my entire life. John immediately asked if we had one in Boston. Yep. We do. Now he wants to go back again lol.

Friday we took the kids to Marissa's Dance Recital. They loved it and she did GREAT.

Friday night we were invited to a MSII GTG that was held at Chantelle's house. There was a decent sized group of us and we all had a wonderful time. Thx to Chantelle and Alice Anne for hosting!!!!

Saturday morning we went out to dinner at a Diner. We have nothing like this here at home - at least not that I have ever seen. You go in and order your food on the computers right at the door. Get your drinks, go find a table and they bring your food to you. The food was great and we had no complaints.

After the diner we went to a family cookout at Marty's sisters house. The kids got to go horseback riding while we were there. I wasn't sure how they'd handle it but they did GREAT. The boys kept asking to go back on the horse - they didn't want to let anyone else go lol. I think their smiles say it all, don't you??


A shot of the girls from the cookout


That night Alice Anne and I went out to dinner, just the two of us. Of course we had the now infamous Chocolatini's. The food was great - the company was even better. I miss my dear friend immensely so the two of us getting out alone was just priceless. Thank you to John for letting that happen. He stayed at the hotel with the kids so we could go out. My husband is amazing!


Sunday morning we had to hit the road. I'm always so sad to leave AA. We had such a good time and I miss her when I don't see her. Thankfully she's coming back to visit in November. It seems far away now but I just know it is going to fly by. The kids were great on the ride home. More of the same.......the boys slept and watched movies, my girl chatted the whole way LOL. We really had a great mini vacation and now we know it won't be an issue next year!!!




That's all for now - I'll be back later to post about the next updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews