Thursday, August 20, 2015

Oh heeeeeey!

Holy hell, where has the summer gone!  I cannot believe it's almost the end of August and my kids go back to school in two weeks.  I honestly have NEVER seen a summer go by this quickly before!  So lemme catch you up on the last two months.  I figure I'll go back over my random thoughts from my last blog post because it seems like the best place to go from.

- Divorce
Well, we were FINALLY able to officially file.  OMG what a frigging ordeal.  But J got his parenting classes done, then I had to wait a month for mine because they were all booked up in July.  I completed mine the second week of August and I drove my little ass (HA! Little!) right back to the courthouse to get those papers filed.  Aaaaand done!   We should have our court date in a week or so and it should be within a couple of months since we're filing amicably.   Yes, folks, we are still getting along just fine.  We've been to a couple of functions together and as ridiculous as it sounds, our friends have a harder time with it than we do.  Yes, seriously.  We're both like really?  Get over it.  We're getting divorced but if we're okay with it, then you need to be too.  Oy.

- Change
I'm still excited but I'm getting antsy.  I'm ready to just get this party, okay, maybe party isn't the best choice of words here...........next chapter shall we say?  I'm ready to get this next chapter started.  I want to be settled down and established with the kids.  I can't do that yet though and I'm getting frustrated.  Let's just say patience isn't one of my strongest virtues.

- House
The house hasn't sold yet.  Ugh.   The feedback is completely consistent:  "We looooooove the house........we just don't like the other house being so close."   Well, I knew that was going to be an issue.  We dropped the price down $10K, which I was totally okay with because I had the realtor price high anyway, and we're still getting plenty of activity on it.  Just have to wait for the right buyer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's sooner rather than later.  It's very hard to look for a new place when you don't know how long it will be before you can move.  Ugh.

- Couch surfing
I am PROUD to say I am NO LONGER couch surfing!  Shortly after my last update that stopped.  The kids have been staying with J because that is going to be their regular routine so we started that.  I LOVE it!  I get to stay at home, in my own bed, with my own things.   I can sleep comfortably.  I have food.  I don't have to worry about coming and going.  I can do laundry for the house, I can do whatever I want.  No more packing a bag and moving out.  It is bliss.  So happy!!

- Dating
I am still not quite ready for dating but I did join a dating website.  Well, three technically.  One I deleted shortly after b/c it was a bunch of YOUNG 20-somethings consistently chatting me up and I just wasn't interested.  The second wasn't too bad but a couple of guys were being really inappropriate and I just got sick of it so I deleted there too.   The third I'm still deciding what to do.  J has joined a bunch of sites.  It's hysterical and I give him SUCH a hard time b/c he was putting his status as "divorced" LONG before I even filed the papers.  My status is still "separated" on my profile.  Men.  I haven't met ANYONE yet and I'm not sure when I will.  I'm just taking a peek and seeing how this all works I guess.

- The kids
They are still doing SO well.  They really are the lights of my life, without a doubt.
Ryan has officially started football and he is doing so well.  It's a huge commitment though and he is still adjusting.  The first few days were rough because it was all "conditioning" which is a really hard workout for hours on end to see who is going to hack it.  Of course he did. My tough little man.  He's going to have a great season.

Aidan and Erynn have both signed up for Soccer again this year.  They start next week.  All I have right now is what teams they are playing for.  Still waiting for emails from the coaches. We're going to be busy as hell but I wouldn't have it any other way.  
As long as my kiddos are happy, I am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews