Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Obsessed you say???

It might be true.

We might have a slight camping obsession when my middle child requests it as his birthday party theme!  LOL!!!  But boy oh boy did I have fun with this one.   I love letting my kiddos pic the theme for their birthday parties.  Wait.  Let me correct that.  I love letting my kiddos pic the theme for their birthday parties and Pinterest has a multitude of things to pic from!   As soon as that theme is picked, Mommy goes crazy.  I start googling, pinning, ordering, buying in stores, you name it.   I love it.  I'll do anything to make my kids happy.     

So, Ryan's 8th Birthday was May 26th.  Yup, Mommy screwed the pooch on that one.  Memorial Day weekend?   Great job.   Yeah, yeah, it's not like I did it on purpose.  The little bugger was 6 days late.  Not my fault.  But I can't have his birthday party on a holiday weekend so we had his party on June 8th instead.  I typically don't do Sunday parties ever.   For me, Sundays are for family time and relaxing.  Just spending the day together.  Whether it's a jama day if it's not nice out or a beach trip or whatever.   I normally don't want to spend the last day of my weekend running around like a maniac and hosting 20-30 children.  Not my idea of a relaxing before I go back to work.   I know, call me crazy.   BUT, Ryan's Godfather works for the postal office and the only day they are closed is Sunday so there we go.

Anyway, camping.  Ryan said that's what he wanted and that is what Ryan got.  I went on Pinterest immediately.  I found some great ideas for the cake and free printable labels and signs.  I found an awesome t-shirt on Etsy along with rock candy sprinkles I needed to finish off the cake correctly.   Scrolling through some other similar parties helped me build other ideas off of what I could serve.   The kids all loved what we had and the adults thought I was amazing/crazy.  I can't lie - it feels nice to get the kudos.   But that's why we do it, isn't it?   Yes, we do it for the kids - absolutely!   But it's nice sometimes to show that we CAN do it all.  Especially on the days that we feel like we're barely hanging on by a thread!   Then you have that GREAT day and you realize that you have those rockstar moments and they carry you through.  It's a great feeling.   

Okay, okay.  Let me get to the pics........isn't that what blogs are for anyway?  Aside from me running my mouth!  This was one of my favorite parties.  Enjoy!

Welcome sign at end of driveway
The Birthday Boy!

Some of the food - we had "Fish n Rods, Campfire Flames, Woodland Fruits n Berries, Cold Worm Salad and Bug Juice"

Kids lining up for Bug Juice

Campfire Cake and Cupcakes

Campfire Cupcakes


That smile, right there........yeah, that says it all

S'mores Party Favors

Most of the kids that attended

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews