Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Winter Games

Three years overdue (for me) but we finally got up to Maine to visit Jared, Rebekah, Keegan, Camden, Chase and Kaleb.  Now I fully admit *I* am the big baby when it comes to long car rides.  I just can't do it.  I never went on long road trips growing up so that might have something to do with it.  My kids have grown up going on long car rides so they are phenomenal when it comes to taking long trips.  They've driven to Florida TWICE.  Me?  Hell to the no - NEVER.  Yes, Mommy flew.  See you there guys, have a nice ride!!  *evil*   This ride though...........yes, I admit........wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.   We left at 5:45a on Friday morning and we made it up there at 1p.  We stopped at a Denny's around 8a for breakfast.  We actually would have made it up sooner if the weather wasn't so bad.  Like bad enough to see a truck go off the side of the road bad.  Right in front of us.  It spun out of control, across the whole road, in circles and ended up in the embankment.  My heart was in my throat, the kids were scared.  It was awful.  I can't post the picture I took (of COURSE I took a picture, have we met?!) because it keeps coming out sideways.  (Does ANYONE know how to fix that?  I've uploaded it, I've corrected it on my computer.....why the hell won't it load correctly on this website?  Happens all the time with pictures I take on my phone and it drives me batshitcrazy.  I don't end up posting some really good ones because they won't post correctly!!  If you know how to fix it, hook a sistah up!)

Anyway, once we got up there the trip was great fun.  We went snowmobiling for 4 hours almost as soon as we got there.  Now, up in Maine, snowmobiling is like going out for a drive.  Except out in the woods.  We were out on the trails and then all of a sudden we were out on the road pulling up to a gas station.  Then we were riding again and then pulling up to the restaurant for dinner.   Crazy.   But it was so much fun.   We went riding again on Saturday and went ice fishing too.  Saturday Ryan and I were riding together and we got into a slight accident.  I've officially been coined Superwoman.  I was terrified.  I haven't been scared so badly before in my life.  I protected him, he wasn't hurt at all.  I had some really nasty bruises and I cracked my head / neck on the ice really well but he was okay and that was all that mattered to me.  I made the both of us get back on the snowmobile only to prove (to the both of us) that we shouldn't be terrified of them for the rest of our lives.  Neither one of us wanted to get back on it ever again but we did.  It was the scariest thing I've been through in a long time but, at the end of the day, we're both okay so that is all that matters.  Saturday night the adults were able to go out on DATE NIGHT!  *gasp*  So much fun.   But only in Maine is date night at the bowling alley/arcade/pool hall/stage where bands play.   And the band is called Motor Booty.  With groupies.  Who dress up.   Oh yes, that happened.  

All in all, a great trip.  I can't wait until April when they come down to visit.  Although I don't know what the hell we're going to do to beat all of that fun.  LOL!!!


Ryan

Erynn

Aidan

Mom and Ryan

Ryan, Erynn and Daddy

Ryan and Mommy


The Kids are ready to ride!!

Only in Maine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews