Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Here we go again - playing catch up!

So, I figure I'll try and give this blogging thing a shot. Originally it was just a way for me to keep posts that I'd been putting up on a message board for the last 5 or so years. But, I think maybe this could be a great way to keep a "diary" so to speak. I can't guarantee that I'll be faithful, or even very interesting, but hey, it's worth a shot.

We've had SO much going on in the last couple of weeks. My best friend, Rich, got married to a GREAT girl (woman?!) named Michele. I LOVE them together - they are as cute as a button and really make one another happy. It's nice to have my best friend back. Here is just one picture I took of them at their wedding.................

After their wedding we had Ryan's THIRD birthday. I have no idea how it's even possible that my youngest son is three years old. Time has gone so quickly!!! We had a backyard bbq / party for him. Jack, my FIL, bought Ryan a Mickey Mouse bouncy house (God help me!) for his birthday present so fun was had by all the kids. The weather was gorgeous and the party went really well.


Here are a couple of pictures from the party............












My three year old son and I!
We had our Relay for Life walk as well - all benefits went to the American Cancer Society. This was our 4th year walking, 3rd year doing it in Memory of my Mother in Law, Bobbi. We were THE TOP TEAM in our town this year!! I am SO proud and excited! We will have our names engraved on the trophy and it will be housed at my home for the next year. I plan on keeping it longer than that but we'll have to see what happens next year.

The weather was crappy this year - it rained all afternoon, through the night and the next morning. I didn't mind the rain though -it's all for a greater cause. The kids call it "The MeMe for Life Walk" and they get SO excited for this event. I'm so glad this will be a part of their lives. They have lost both grandmothers and we do as much as we can to keep them a part of their lives. A few pictures from this years event........................

Our Team
The kids:











The TOP TEAM!! YAHOOO!! Here is a picture of some of the Team with our trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews