Thursday, June 11, 2009

Has it really been 18 months?!

Honestly? My baby girl is 18 months today. Some days it feels like it's been years since I've had her, probably b/c of all the life changes I've had in just the past 18 months. Other days it feels like she should still be just a tiny baby. However, I assure you, she is NOT.

I am well aware that every.single.mother tells you that her baby is amazing. I know this, I do not dispute this. But Erynn really just lights up my life. She is so many things all wrapped up in one. Loving, sweet, independant, fresh (lol) easy, diva, you name it. She is, by far, the easiest baby of my three. When girlfriend wants bed, she.wants.bed. And it's really as *simple* as that. Seriously, I give her a bath, put on the lotion, pj's, give her a quick hug and a kiss, give her the nuk (she will ONLY take it when she's sleeping which is great.....she's not quite ready to give it up yet though) hand over "bunny" and she's done. I put her down wide awake and that's all there is to it. It's a double edged sword though b/c there are some nights where "Momma" would LOVE to just sit and have a cuddle with my baby girl but, no sireee, she's not having it. Oh well. She is very loving - all hugs and kisses - at all times......except for bed. She wants her bed and that is that.
I know life isn't always going to be this easy with Erynn, I'm no fool. I will relish and enjoy all of this simplicity as long as I can. I'm fully aware that I'll probably want to toss her on her patootie when she is a teenager. I'll be ready for that when the time comes. For now, I'm going to enjoy my baby girl.

The past 18 months has been such a wonderful journey. I can't wait for more.










Happy 18 months my sweet baby girl.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews