Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sunday Funday!

This past Sunday was SO much fun!

We had our monthly dinner with friends which really was a monthly lunch lol.  Since we had to do it on a Sunday this month we did it at noon because so many of us have to get ready for the week of work ahead.  Too much to do for staying late on a Sunday night.  We're flexible!

So this Sunday the theme was picnic.  It was great!  We had fried chicken, pb&j, pb&fluff, pasta salad, asian salad, a veggie platter, watermelon, chips, strawberries, typical picnic food.  Christen couldn't make it because Ronan was sick but Lisa, Stephanie, Susan, Bridget and their families were there.   I ended up with an extra child as well.  Roy got into a bind the night before and needed a sitter so he dropped Alexis off with us.  She ended up staying the night and actually the entire day with us.   He came to pick her up sometime after 3p but ended up staying until after 5:30pm.  

I don't even remember how it happened but Lisa had some water balloons in her car.  You see where I'm going with this, don't you?   Yes, full on water balloon fight.  But it didn't stop there.  Nope.   When the guys ran out of water balloons it ended up turning into a tupperware container, bowl, 5 gallon BUCKET, PARTY BUCKET, down and dirty water fight.  You know those big buckets you get at iParty that you put beverages and such into?   Yes, those were filled up with water and used as weapons.   Oh my.  There wasn't one dry soul left on the premisis.   GOOD TIMES.  I love stuff like this. I might not have loved sitting in my wet jean capris and tshirt all afternoon but, let me tell you, I loved watching all of those kids running around like lunatics laughing their heads off.  They were hysterical.  Running around, screaming, trying to avoid getting soaked.  It was great.  THIS is the stuff memories are made of.  THIS is the stuff they will remember.

Lisa and Stephanie ended up staying for dinner as well so we ran up to the grocery store and grabbed some hot dogs and chips for everyone to have.  So I guess, technically, it did turn into dinner.  Ha.  It was just a great way to end the weekend.  I love spending time with my extended family.   Next month's date is already planned.  We're doing things a little differently.  We're doing a day trip to Capron Park.  I've never heard of it or been so I'm excited about it.   First things first though - we have a day trip to the beach planned.  Almost all of us are going and I can't wait.   What a group, we're going to take over the beach!  Watch out now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews