Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here's to my health

Yes, I'm toasting to my own health.
I'm keeping upbeat and positive.
I haven't told very many people....um.....less than a handful I'd say......that back in October my Dr found a lump.
You know me....or maybe you don't.....but I don't really tell people much about what is going on with ME. I'm the caregiver, the listener, blah blah blab blab.
I tend to keep to myself on my own issues.
So I'm saying it here really quickly.
Lump found in October. Mammogram and ultrasound follow at South Shore Hospital's Cancer Center.
Yes, we see it. 3mm (which I just have to say is larger than any of the five tumors I have already had removed in my past have been) size in left breast (yes, same breast all five previous tumors have been removed from) let's see what happens in three months.
Three months pass and I go back in for f/u ultrasound. Looky here, there it is again but now it's 4mm. Hmmmmm. Okay.
Come back in 3 weeks for a biopsy.
Is a biopsy normal next step instead of surgery?
How long ago did you have surgeries? Ummmmm...yeah, my memory sucks. I think 10 and 8 years? Or so? Give or take? I don't know lady, isn't it in my chart?! ;o)
Didn't your previous surgeon offer biopsy as a choice before? Why yes, yes he did but I really WANTED to have two surgeries that left me with huge (relatively speaking for the area they are on) scars and lots of scar tissue that make it THAT MUCH HARDER to do a self breast exam. Hardy har har. NO he didn't offer biopsy.
Oh, well a lot has changed. We'll start there.
Okay, thanks. So, January 25th at 10am I will be back at the SSH Cancer Center having a biopsy.
I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews