Saturday, March 7, 2009

Update 3-18-08

My sister is having her finger amputated tomorrow. I know I haven't updated but it's b/c things were going back and forth all over the damn place. I didn't want to keep updating every. single. day. Bottom line is she loses her index finger tomorrow. They are hoping they can still save the thumb and middle finger but it's a waiting game. She called me today to go over all of her paperwork. Her surgery is considered "high risk" b/c of her situation with her veins and arteries. The dr's have also determined that she has had 3 "TIA's" which from what she explained to me are mini strokes. I'm praying as hard as I can that she is just fine during her surgery but having her call me and tell me I'm her Healthcare Surrogate and having to talk over her wants and want nots if anything *should* happen didn't exactly make me feel all warm and cozy inside if you know what I mean. Of course I can't express my concerns or worries with her b/c SHE is counting on ME to keep HER calm. OY!!! Well, who the hell keeps ME calm??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews